Last week, we had the opportunity to participate in one of our favorite annual ARM industry events, ACA in Nashville. Overall, we enjoyed the positive mood that was felt. People were relieved with the current trend of industry regulation and ready to invest in new ways to work smarter.
Why do we like this particular convention? Aside from it generating a lot of new business for our consultants, we also get to talk with customers, attend sessions and get a feel for the tone, trends, and changes in the industry. One of our favorite things about a show like this is to see who is out there innovating and in what ways.
Now that we’re home, we’ve been discussing our experience and would like to share a few thoughts with you. What did you think? Let us know in the comments.
BCFP, compliance, and the regulatory environment:
- Okay, we’re just as tired as you are of sitting in sessions about TCPA and calling cell phones; however, two major topics were addressed that we get questions about –
- ACA’s victory against the FCC. Exciting, yes. Changing business, not quite. Agencies still aren’t ready to change dialing strategy, and rightfully so said most of the legal experts. Contradictory rulings are ongoing. There is more work to be done.
- Bad timing alert: A weighty ruling last week determined that direct drop voicemails are covered by the TCPA. For now, anyway.
- BCFP (the artist formerly known as the CFPB) is leaning into deregulation under the new administration. The spotlight is off increased industry regulation, for now.
- Or should we say lack thereof? Not a lot of new tech to discuss. Texting was the big draw as many agencies look at consumer preference trends.
- Monitoring accounts for bankruptcies, litigious, military, etc was a hot topic – though not a new solution, it’s increasing in adoption.
- Because of our business, we heard a lot of agencies interested in discussing inventory penetration and tracking as their next major focus.
We would love to hear your thoughts on our perspective and if you have anything to add. Let us know in the comments. Until next year!
Side note: Interested in getting a full report of how you stack up on your data-driven decision making? We ran a very effective program at ACA offering up attendees a complimentary data health analysis. We are sharing it again in case you missed out. Get started by taking this 5 minute survey.